Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1. Agenda and Opening Comments by the Chair

Hybrid View

OK as requested a thread has been opened under 10C - New Business for discussion relating to the FIDE Congress in Tromso and the election to be held there.

Please take further discussion on this topic there.

I was just writing this message on the VP thread, and when I tried to post it hit me that the thread was closed. I kindly ask to move this post to the right thread.

This is my first time running for a position in the executive. I have been a governor for a number of years now. I work as a chess coach, and so I have first hand knowledge of the issues surrounding youth tournaments, and coaching. I hope to bring my communication skills, new ideas, and my experience as coach and (semi)professional chess player to contribute to growth of chess in Canada. I also believe in transparency with the governors and the cfc members. I think communication is very important, and a lot of recent quarrels could be avoided. Regarding the recent decision on the FIDE vote, I believe that the matter should have been resolved by the governors, and not the executive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    I was just writing this message on the VP thread, and when I tried to post it hit me that the thread was closed. I kindly ask to move this post to the right thread.

This is my first time running for a position in the executive. I have been a governor for a number of years now. I work as a chess coach, and so I have first hand knowledge of the issues surrounding youth tournaments, and coaching. I hope to bring my communication skills, new ideas, and my experience as coach and (semi)professional chess player to contribute to growth of chess in Canada. I also believe in transparency with the governors and the cfc members. I think communication is very important, and a lot of recent quarrels could be avoided. Regarding the recent decision on the FIDE vote, I believe that the matter should have been resolved by the governors, and not the executive.
    Why are all the threads closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    Done - see item 6.5
    Dear Lyle, when do you think the President's election will start?
    Are there the opening statements, discussion period, etc.?
    Thank you.

Please refer to both the first posting in this thread and to Item number 1A Report on nominations and elections for details.

I have just finished opening the last "Voting Booth" for the 3 contested positions (President, Vice-President and Junior Coordinator) and voting continues through 1800 ET Friday July 11th

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    Please refer to both the first posting in this thread and to Item number 1A Report on nominations and elections for details.

I have just finished opening the last "Voting Booth" for the 3 contested positions (President, Vice-President and Junior Coordinator) and voting continues through 1800 ET Friday July 11th
    Thank you very much, Lyle, and my apologies for previous postings in the wrong threads. I'm just trying to figure out what is the right place for my posts regarding the issue of the 7th Director.
    Please explain, because I can't post in the appropriate place.

So far only 23 governors have signed in, which is quite disappointing.

We should list all of the incoming governors and note who has or has not signed in. Perhaps then people may recognize the value of whom they are selecting for governor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    So far only 23 governors have signed in, which is quite disappointing.

We should list all of the incoming governors and note who has or has not signed in. Perhaps then people may recognize the value of whom they are selecting for governor.
    I think that the problem may be that some of them became voting members without realizing it.

I think that you will find those that only have time to pay attention on weekends, and will sign on Saturday or Sunday to learn that the meeting is over.

Dear Lyle,
    Please include in the Agenda discussion of the Canada's position regarding vote for FIDE's President.
    Sasha Starr.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast