Thread: CFC Webzine - A Bold Experiment...but....

Threaded View

Default CFC Webzine - A Bold Experiment...but....

I had concerns about the ability of the CFC to sustain this webzine when it was first proposed. It is not that it is a bad idea - and giving the members' a private section was a good idea - part for the public; part for members only.

But it has to be attractive to be worthwhile. And to be attractive, it has to have enough new material on a regular basis that people come back regularly to check it out. When someone comes back a couple of times and sees no new material, then they may well strike it from their list of regular chess websites they visit. I have just gone through all the open and " member only " topics, and there is seldom recent material ( ie. within the last month - in fact I think there is only one article ).

It takes both person power and $$ to make a webzine successful, and I don't think the CFC has either to accomplish the task. A bold experiment, but a lackluster product I'm afraid ( while acknowledging that there have been some good articles, intermittently since January 2009 when it started ).

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 06-08-2009 at 12:37 PM.