Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.1 - Discussion Items - COVID and Chess

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    Does the CFC has the ability to use tornelo free of charge?
    We have been using tornelo free of charge though I am not versed in who tornelo is aside from the fact that it was the platform used for a few of the recent FIDE tournaments.

So far we have seen tournaments on chess.com, chesskid.com, playchess.com, tornelo and lichess. Tornelo generated the fewest complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    We have been using tornelo free of charge though I am not versed in who tornelo is aside from the fact that it was the platform used for a few of the recent FIDE tournaments.

So far we have seen tournaments on chess.com, chesskid.com, playchess.com, tornelo and lichess. Tornelo generated the fewest complaints.
    I reached out to Tornelo during this meeting, lemme know if you want something.

There are various introductions to Tornelo on youtube, the one they prepared for the European Chess Union is pretty comprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post

There is also a two hour-plus video on Tornelo's fair play philosophy and methods. Basically various measurements are provided to the arbiter but it is up to the arbiter to interpret and act on these reports, the platform itself does not run automated algorithms which ban players. This is likely why they have had the fewest complaints.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123