Thread: CYCC Regional Qualifiers

Hybrid View

If I may suggest, we need to take a step back, and fix this thoroughly. First of all, from the posts I am seeing here, and various private emails I am receiving, there seem to be conflicting views on whether YCC "playing up" (for lack of a better term) is allowed or not. I will happily respect and follow whatever the current rule actually is, not what anyone thinks it should be (until of course the rule gets changed, etc). We also need to take precaution to provide the definitive reply, as it applies to each different YCC level :

1) WYCC (just for my curiosity at this point) : is playing up allowed?

2) CYCC :
    a) is playing up allowed?
    b) specifically, what are the qualification rules from CYCC Qualifiers, vis-a-vis playing up?

3) provincial YCC :
    b) specifically, what are the qualification rules to get to the CYCC, vis-a-vis playing up?

4) CYCC Qualifiers :
    a) is playing up allowed, or can the Organizer decide?
    b) specifically, what are the qualification rules to get to the CYCC, vis-a-vis playing up?

Please reply with the answers you know for sure, so that at least we can all try to be as consistent as possible during the upcoming CYCC Qualifier "season". Then, if we are indeed leaning towards changing any of the rules regarding Canadian YCC events, then it might be prudent to try and implement changes between CYCC seasons, say Autumn.

Thanks and regards, CYCC Qualifier Organizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    If I may suggest, we need to take a step back, and fix this thoroughly. First of all, from the posts I am seeing here, and various private emails I am receiving, there seem to be conflicting views on whether YCC "playing up" (for lack of a better term) is allowed or not. I will happily respect and follow whatever the current rule actually is, not what anyone thinks it should be (until of course the rule gets changed, etc). We also need to take precaution to provide the definitive reply, as it applies to each different YCC level :

1) WYCC (just for my curiosity at this point) : is playing up allowed?

2) CYCC :
    b) specifically, what are the qualification rules from CYCC Qualifiers, vis-a-vis playing up?

3) provincial YCC :

4) CYCC Qualifiers :
    a) is playing up allowed, or can the Organizer decide?

Please reply with the answers you know for sure, so that at least we can all try to be as consistent as possible during the upcoming CYCC Qualifier "season". Then, if we are indeed leaning towards changing any of the rules regarding Canadian YCC events, then it might be prudent to try and implement changes between CYCC seasons, say Autumn.

Thanks and regards, CYCC Qualifier Organizer.
    Aris,

I think, nobody is know for sure - that's why we have this discussion.
    In such circumstances, the decision of Youth Coordinator is final - please see his post:
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...16579#poststop

If somebody disagrees with the decision of Youth Coordinator, he should submit a Motion to set a different rule.

If you want to know my opinion, I agree with Valer:
    players should be strongly encouraged to play within their age group at all times and at all levels including CYCC and CYCC qualifiers. If there are special circumstances when playing up is desired, those should be treated on a case by case basis.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Aris,

I think, nobody is know for sure - that's why we have this discussion.
    In such circumstances, the decision of Youth Coordinator is final - please see his post:
    http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...16579#poststop

If somebody disagrees with the decision of Youth Coordinator, he should submit a Motion to set a different rule.

If you want to know my opinion, I agree with Valer:
    players should be strongly encouraged to play within their age group at all times and at all levels including CYCC and CYCC qualifiers. If there are special circumstances when playing up is desired, those should be treated on a case by case basis.
    But that post does not cover all of my questions. It is very possible he didn't see my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    But that post does not cover all of my questions. It is very possible he didn't see my list.
    Well, Aris, what could I say?

If I were Youth Coordinator, I would answer all your questions...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron