PDA

View Full Version : CFC Web Crosstable search bug?

Christopher Mallon
07-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone else have this issue?

I wanted a list of every tournament I've directed, so I typed my name in the Director search of the crosstables... and the entire list that came up were directed by Christopher Field, not by me.

There ARE events in there that I've directed, for example http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournament_check_number=200311057&key=120706

John Coleman
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
On a quick look, the search is performed only on the first word... a search for John Coleman or "John Coleman" returns all the Johns.

Coleman returns all the Colemans (just me).

The crosstables search goes back only to the start of 2011, I believe... I didn't look intensively.

Hugh Brodie
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
You have to fill in the date fields - otherwise, it looks like searches only go back 1 year from the current date.

I hate typing in those date fields - couldn't there be a pop-up calendar (as on the airline sites)?

Fred McKim
07-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Only looking at the first word in a multi-word string would qualify as a bug in my mind.

We specifically set the search to only go back a year as a default. I'm not sure about the calendar idea. I don't use that feature very often, but I'm glad others are.

Egidijus Zeromskis
07-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I wish that events be sorted by date by default on a Player Information page. At this moment they are sorted by tournament type (R & A). (I know that it can be done by clicking.)

Fred McKim
07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Sorting by type (as a default) was my call .... maybe the majority preferred it the other way.

Christopher Mallon
07-09-2012, 03:07 PM
We specifically set the search to only go back a year as a default.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.. however if that's what is happening, you should have the date fields auto filled in so that people know that is what is happening.