PDA

View Full Version : can we not post new threads on CFC News any more?

Aris Marghetis
03-16-2018, 09:29 PM
that button seems to have vanished ...

Ken Craft
03-20-2018, 10:03 AM
I can see the button.

Aris Marghetis
03-20-2018, 12:49 PM
I can see the button.

I guess you have greater privileges than me. If that's the new posting hierarchy, I'm OK with that, but I was just wondering in case it was an inadvertent "feature" change.

Fred McKim
03-20-2018, 01:33 PM
I guess this question needs to be asked, Aris. I see where you were able to post previously.

I think there should be a restriction on who can post on CFC News, either to Directors / Officers or include the Voting Members - but the posting should be actual News or else there is the Chat or Tournament Announcement Page.

Aris Marghetis
03-20-2018, 05:10 PM
I guess this question needs to be asked, Aris. I see where you were able to post previously.

I think there should be a restriction on who can post on CFC News, either to Directors / Officers or include the Voting Members - but the posting should be actual News or else there is the Chat or Tournament Announcement Page.

Hi Fred, I am fine with that decision. I just didn't realize that it had been recently implemented. I guess we're done here?!

Fred McKim
03-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Hi Fred, I am fine with that decision. I just didn't realize that it had been recently implemented. I guess we're done here?!

I talked with Site Administrator, Chris Mallon, last night. He thinks that as a result of hacking efforts there might have been a temporary "lifting" of the restrictions on who can post CFC News. I think it is presently limited to the Directors (Executive) and Special Officers. Anyone else can send CFC News to the CFC Executive Director, who can then post it.

Tournament announcements should only go on that Forum, which leaves everything else to the Chat Forum.

Aris Marghetis
03-21-2018, 12:44 PM
I talked with Site Administrator, Chris Mallon, last night. He thinks that as a result of hacking efforts there might have been a temporary "lifting" of the restrictions on who can post CFC News. I think it is presently limited to the Directors (Executive) and Special Officers. Anyone else can send CFC News to the CFC Executive Director, who can then post it.

Tournament announcements should only go on that Forum, which leaves everything else to the Chat Forum.

Yup, I totally understand and support.